Is an air conditioner tune-up service, AC cleaning or AC preseason cleaning on your spring cleaning list?
When spring arrives, so many homeowners are working on their spring cleaning lists. Most homeowners include things like putting away the winter linens, washing floors and windows and generally decluttering the home among their list of things that need doing. However, do not forget to include an air conditioner tune up on the spring cleaning list. Before you know it, the hot weather will arrive and that air conditioner will be put to use in cooling and dehumidifying the home’s air. There are many important reasons and benefits to include a tune-up for the air conditioning system on your yearly spring cleaning list.
Benefits of having AC or HVAC system professionally cleaned and maintained
A tune-up service for the air conditioning system ensures that it will operate efficiently, effectively and safely. A dirty or poorly lubricated motor could overheat, resulting in a system breakdown and a costly repair bill. A low coolant level could result in ineffective cooling and dehumidification of the home. Proper tune-up service checks for these issues as well as any other potential problems could prevent them from occurring. Its benefits are listed below:
- Higher energy efficiency – Dust buildup, loose connections, and dirty coils considerably reduce an air conditioners efficiency.
- Lower energy bills –When your HVAC system is inefficient, you pay a lot more for cooling your home than is necessary.
- Lower carbon footprint –A well-maintained air conditioner uses less electricity, which means fewer greenhouse gas emissions associated with producing that electricity.
- Fewer problems with your system –Poorly maintained air conditioners experience far more common and highly preventable problems during the cooling season than well-maintained systems.
- Longer operating life – A well-maintained air conditioner can last longer than the typical life span of 10 to 15 years, while a poorly maintained system will fail sooner.